A Rare Glimpse

Saturday, May 13, 2006

All you need is love

I just recently finished reading the book "A Love Worth Giving" by Max Lucado. It is such a wonderful, simple book on God's love, and why/how we can pass that love on to others. I have never gone into such depth with the 1 Corinthians 13 passage on love! I wasn't expecting much, as I remember memorizing the whole chapter in elementary school; I'd read it so many times that it had become just another thing I did when I was a kid.

Lucado makes some significant points and gives fresh perspective on this classic passage on love. He highlights that love cannot be "given away" until we accept that God loved us first and we receive the love He gives to us in more ways that we realize.

Which reminds me of Moulin Rouge, my favourite movie! :) It's all about love, and "all you need is love", after God anyways. He he. Now if only I could find the DVD in all the boxes in my parents' basement...